WEEEE ComplianceWEEE Registration Number: IE 01683 WB
What is WEEE?
Waste Electical and Electronic Equipment
The WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC is an EU Directive founded on the principle of "Producer Responsibility" and its general objectives are:
To prevent waste of electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and to promote the reuse, recycling and recovery of such wastes
To improve the environmental performance of all operators involved in the life cycle of electrical and electronic equipment, e.g. producers, distributors and consumers and in particular those operators directly involved in the treatment of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
WEEE Directive applies across eleven categories of Electrical and Electronic Equipment EEE
The following 11 categories have been identified in the WEEE Directive as belonging to EEE:
WEEE Categories and Charges @ B Cool! The Gadget Store
- Large household appliances
- Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Lighting equipment Electrical and electronic tools
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Medical devices
- Monitoring and control instruments
- Automatic dispensers
- 2.3 Miscellaneous Small Household Appliances
- 3.2 Other personal computing Equipment
- 4.4 Medium Size Consumer Products
- 4.5 Small Consumer Products
- 5.2 Luminaries and Lighting Equipment
- 7.1 Toys, Leisure and Sports Equipment
- 11.1 Batteries
Curently there are no charges on any Weee Categories used by us here at B Cool! The Gadget Store
Take Back of WEEE In-Store by Retailers
If you require any further information please contact us by email: email@example.com
- Distributors, that is Retailers, must accept back WEEE in-store free of charge when they have supplied electrical and electronic equipment to consumers on a one for one equivalent basis within 15 days from date of purchase
- We offer you the opportunity to return any equivalent WEEE within 15 days of purchase on our web site. We will then see to it that the EEE is brought to the correct location and disposed off in a correct manner. Also, you may return the item to one of our stores where we will also dispose of it at the authorised locations provided for in each locality by WEEE Ireland. We also make provision to bring back waste batteries. We provide boxes at till locations to receive battery take back.
- At our tills you will find recycling bins for batteries. The batteries that we accept back are AA, AAA, C or D and also the flat batteries including AG and CR Batteries that are found in watches and toys. We do not accept back any Industrial batteries or car batteries.